Each Fall students create a time line of their life. This time line coordinates with our Social Studies Chapter 2, What is History Section. See page 26 & 27 of the Social Studies book.
Students will begin their time line with their birth year and work up to their present age. Their time lines will have two sides: "My Life Events" and "My World Events". Students will need events for each year.
Students will need to select 8 symbols to represent their life and 8 symbols to represent their world events. Please only one sporting event can be represented in world events. Symbols can be photos, magazine pictures, and little objects. If you have photos that you do not want to glue on, you can send them in a baggie and I will color copy them for your child. Also, for the world event pictures, students can search for pictures here at school and print them here. Students can put more than 8 symbols for each on their time lines, but they only need 8 for each to get full credit. They are allowed to add other little details if they like.
The following is a list of criteria that I am looking for when I grade them:
* All events are written neatly
* Used a ruler or yardstick to draw straight lines when needed
* Titled the time line and labeled the two parts of their timeline: My Life Events and World Events
* Labeled each year in the middle
* Has personal life events and world events for each year
* Has 8 symbols/pictures for their life events and 8 symbols/pictures for their world events
* Name and date on the back
Below I have listed several helpful websites to use when finding World Events