This is the last project students will complete in sixth grade. Students will write and illustrate their own book explaining details about their lives. Students will first complete a rough draft which will be checked by their teacher before receiving their hard back book for their final copy. Students will create their own book that they will have for year, this is a great keepsake. This project will be graded. Below is a details explanation of the content that must be included in students' autobiographies.
AUTOBIOGRAPHY SHOULD BE WRITTEN IN PARAGRAPH FORM!
I. FRONT OF BOOK (title, full name, written and illustrated by, picture of self (self-drawn)
II. Do not write anything on back cover, 1ST PAGE= Dedication Page, Copyright date
III. DESCRIPTION OF YOURSELF
- What do you look like? (Height, weight, color of eyes, and hair, age, right or left handed, etc)
- What things do you like and dislike? (Food, dessert, places to visit, tv shows, movies, book, color, subjects, sports, etc)
- What skills, talents, and unique qualities do you have?
- What award or certificates have you won or received and what clubs or groups do you belong?
- What jobs do you have around the house?
- What one word would describe yourself?
- Any other interesting description?
IV. YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
- Give your parent’s name and describe each parent in detail.
- How many brothers and sisters do you have and describe each in detail.
- Tell about your grandparents
- Who is your best friend and why is he/she considered your best friend?
- Tell about your other good friends and tell me why they are your friends?
- Any other interesting thing about your friends or family.
V. PRE-SCHOOL YEARS
- Earliest memories (ask someone in your family to share a memory if you cannot think of one)
- Earliest happy memories
- Earliest funniest memories
- Earliest saddest memories
- Firsts (word, toy, outfit, etc.)
- What was your most beloved childhood possession and why?
- Describe a game that you played by yourself or with friends. Why did you like that game, who did you play it with?
- Tell about something that frightened you as a little child or made you sad and why you felt like that.
- Describe a daydream that you used to have as a young child?
- Describe a trip you took, where did you go, who did you go with, what did you see?
- Did you go to Nursery School? Where and what did you enjoy about it?
VI. SCHOOL MEMORIES
- Tell about each year from kindergarten to and including sixth grade
*Give the highlights and tragedies of each year
*How you felt in each year
- Tell about the people who have helped you along the way, in and out of school.
VII. FUTURE PLANS
- What are some things you are looking forward to next year? Explain
- What are some of your goals for junior high and high school?
- What are some of your goals after high school graduation?
VIII. SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
- If you can do anything over again what would it be? Why?
- If you can change anything in the world what would it be? Why?
- If you could learn something right now what would it be? Why?
- What is the most important thing to you and tell why you think it is the most important.
- What do you think about the world situation? (gas, crime, global warming, diseases, alcohol, war, pollution, recycling, drugs)
- What words of wisdom do you have for anybody your age or grade level?
You can be creative when completing the final copy of your Autobiograohy. It can be like a scrapbook and your information can be typed as well.