High School Couselor (A-L)
* The Catawissa Police Officer’s Benevolent Association sponsors the $500 Catawissa Community Scholarship. The scholarship is open to any SCA senior who writes an essay on their community service. Applications are available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: April 26, 2019.
* The SCA Outstanding Visual Art Scholarship application is now available in the guidance office! Students must have completed at least 3 high school art courses and write an essay. Completed applications must be returned to Mrs. Sellers in the guidance office. DEADLINE: April 26, 2019.
* The SCA Music Booster Scholarship application is now available in the guidance office! Students must describe their background in music as well as write an essay. Completed applications must be returned to Mrs. Sellers in the guidance office. DEADLINE: April 30, 2019.
* The Bloomsburg Fair Scholarship is a $2,000 award given to a Columbia County high school senior pursuing a career in the agricultural / environmental science field. Applications are available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: April 30, 2019.
* The Susquehanna Valley School Counselors Association sponsors an essay for students planning to attend a 4 or 2 year school or a 1 or 2 year trade or technical school. Applications are available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: April 30, 2019.
* The SCA History Award is now available in the guidance office! Applicants must write a short essay describing how history has influenced you in the past, as well as how the scholarship will help you attain your future goals. DEADLINE: May 1, 2019.
* The Freda Dalious Scholarship is available for any female student athlete involved in two sports that Freda coached (field hockey, basketball, softball) during high school. Applicants must exemplify the 3D’s of Coach Dalious – desire, dedication and discipline. Applications are available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: May 6, 2019.
* The Trichelle R. Grove Memorial Scholarship is given in memory of Trichelle, an SCA graduate. There is no special criteria for the scholarship, other than you must be attending the fall semester of college, trade school, etc. Applications are available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: May 10, 2019.
* The Catawissa Valley Lions will present two $250.00 awards to deserving seniors. You must live in Columbia County to be eligible. The application is attached as a fillable PDF. This is the preferred method of applying, but paper applications are also available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: May 19, 2019.
* The Williamsport Crosscutters and the New York-Penn League offer several scholarships to students in our area. Awards are based on several factors, including the impact that the applicant’s local NYPL franchise has had on their life. Applications are available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: June 7, 2019.
The Philadelphia Federal Credit Union sponsors the PFCU Scholarship Program for students who are members of the credit union. Membership is open to those living or attending school in Philadelphia or Columbia County. Application packets are available at www.pfcu.com/scholarship. Questions can be directed to Shannon Lutz at (215) 934-3569 or firstname.lastname@example.org. DEADLINE: April 26, 2019.
PPL Electric Utilities is sponsoring the PPL Electric Utilities Future Environmental Leaders Scholarship. Eligible students must plan to attend a 2- or 4-year school and major in an environmental field. Apply online at https://www.pplelectric.com/safety-and-community/environment/future-environmental-leaders-scholarship.aspx?utm_source=feb26&utm_medium=scholarship&utm_campaign=power. DEADLINE: April 30, 2019.
The Roaring Creek Valley Conservation Association Scholarship is available to an SCA senior who plans to attend an institution of higher learning in a field related to the environment. Applications are available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: April 30, 2019.
The Columbia County Farm Bureau will award the Jake Shuman Memorial Scholarship to a senior planning to go into an Ag related field. Applications are available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: April 30, 2019.
The Hospice Nursing Scholarship is available to any graduating SCA senior who intends to major in nursing. Applications are available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: May 2, 2019.
The Anthony A. Abraczinskas, Jr. Memorial Scholarship will offer three $500 scholarships to SCA students. Applicants must write an essay based on a provided prompt. Information is available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: before May 3, 2019.
The Anthracite Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association’s Edward M. Griffiths II Memorial Scholarship is available for students who have been accepted at Penn State or any of its branch campuses, including Penn Tech, for either the Summer or Fall semester of 2019. Applications are available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: May 7, 2019.
The Spark Scholarship Fund, sponsored by Dr. Jason Hartman and Spark Orthodontics, will award a $2,500 scholarship to a senior planning to attend a college or university in the fall and who has a demonstrated record of leadership and community service. Applications are available in the guidance office. DEADLINE: May 20, 2019.
The Catawissa High School Alumni Association Scholarship Committee sponsors the Catawissa Alumni Scholarship. The application is available online by visiting http://form.jotform.com/90266990664165. The scholarship committee is also now on Facebook (Catawissa Alumni Scholarship), Twitter (@CatawissaAlumni), and Instagram (CatawissaAlumni). The scholarship application link is available on all of these platforms. DEADLINE: May 24, 2019.
The Horatio Alger Association Career & Technical Scholarship Program is available to students enrolling in career and technical education programs. Applications are available online at application.horatioalger.org. DEADLINE: June 15, 2019.
The United Energy Workers Healthcare EEOICPA Scholarship is available for students attending college in the fall of 2019. Special consideration will be given to an undergraduate who is interested in pursuing a career in Home Healthcare and knows someone that worked in the nuclear industry and was subsequently approved for benefits under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program (EEOICPA), but anyone meeting the requirements & can demonstrate an interested in pursuing a career in Healthcare will be considered. This award will be presented to current college students, but high school seniors who will be attending school in the fall semester of 2019 are also welcome to apply. The application is available at https://www.uewhealth.com/eeoicpa-reca/. DEADLINE: July 31, 2019.
If you have applied to Bloomsburg University, you need to apply for donor-based scholarships! You may submit one application and be considered for all applicable donor scholarships. Apply online at bloomu.edu/scholarships.
Fastweb is a great resource! They have a college scholarship app, scholarship & internship matches, financial aid tips, and college resources. Visit www.fastweb.com for more information and to download the app.
The Pennsylvania National Guard has many ways to help you pay for college, including The Minuteman Scholarship. For more information on this and the many benefits of military service, visit NATIONALGUARD.com/PA or call 1-800-GO-GUARD.
Students who have been accepted and plan to attend Susquehanna University should consider applying to the SU Service Leaders Program. As a Service Leader, you will serve in a four-year placement with a community partner focused on youth. You will also receive a $5,000 yearly scholarship! For more information and to apply, contact Sarah Farbo at email@example.com.
Mount Aloysius College offers the Mercy Presidential Scholarship for students attending. For more information visit mtaloy.edu or call 814-886-6383.
Unigo.com is a scholarship database that you can use to search for money for college!