Here are some strategies you can use to improve your math grade:
- Re-take quizzes.
- This will have the biggest impact on students grades because quizzes are 20% of your grade. In order to re-take a quiz students must first do test corrections on separate paper. Then, they need to show me their quiz corrections and sign up after the test for the re-take. They may not use their quiz corrections while re-taking it, but they are encouraged to use them to study prior to re-taking the quiz.
- Turn in complete homework on-time. Additionally, students should be sure they show their work to explain their thinking.
- Make corrections on homework when going over it in class.
- We will go over all of the assigned problems on their homework, students should ask questions and correct their work where needed.
- Take advantage of feedback.
- When classwork is collected students will be given feedback. It is expected that students correct their work and their thinking according to the feedback.
- Keep track of your grade at all times.
- Take time to notice which area of your grade needs improvement, and then work on getting higher grades in that category.
- For example: Say you have the breakdown of grades below. I would focus my efforts in math to stay on focus during classwork and make sure my homework was complete and on time.