Penn State Cooperative Extension offers practical how-to education and problem-solving assistance based on University research. We strive to help people make informed decisions to better their lives, businesses, and communities.
Penn State Cooperative Extension is an educational network that gives people in Pennsylvania's 67 counties access to Penn State's resources and expertise. PS Cooperative Extension helps individuals, families, businesses, and communities throughout Pennsylvania with information and a broad range of educational programs designed to:
- Support productive, profitable, and competitive businesses and a strong agriculture and food system
- Strengthen families, children and youth, and the elderly
- Build caring, safe, and healthy communities
- Ensure the long-term vitality of Pennsylvania's natural resources
- Enable people to better understand and deal with complex public issues
What is Cooperative Extension?
It is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and state and county governments. Through this county-based partnership, Penn State extension agents, faculty, and local volunteers work together to share unbiased, research-based information with local residents. The extension network is one part of Penn State Outreach and Cooperative Extension, which also includes Continuing Education, Distance Education/World Campus, and Public Broadcasting.
For more information on Penn State Cooperative Extension and programs available to early care and education providers and families, please visit the following website http://extension.psu.edu/home-family/children