Classroom Rules and Expectations
1. Bring all your materials to class. Items needed for class are your math book, a notebook/folder, a pencil/pen, and your agenda. However, only a pencil may be used on quizzes/tests.
2. Be in your seat and ready to begin class at the bell.
3. If the teacher is talking, that means that you are not talking. Raise your hand and wait to be called on if you have something to say. If another student is talking, that means no one else should be talking.
4. Do not disturb other people while they are learning. Have respect for others.
5. Ask to go to the bathroom either at the beginning of class or at the end of class. Try to avoid asking during the middle of class, unless it is an emergency.
6. If you are absent from math class, it is your responsibility to find out what you missed.
7. The teacher will dismiss the students at the end of class, not the bell.
8. Grades are based on the number of points you earn divided by the total points possible in a marking period. Your grade will consist of the following items:
- Chapter Tests- there will be a test at the end of each chapter.
- Quizzes- announced and unannounced will be given throughout each chapter.
- Homework- most assignments will be checked the next day. Each homework assignment will be worth 5 points.
- Notebook Quizzes- will be quizzed on notes taken in class.
- Class Participation- based on participation in class.
- Journal- used for writing prompts and PSSA questions.
- Extra Credit- will be given throughout the year and can only help your grade.
- Projects- time permitting, there will be a few projects throughout the year.