Mrs. DeFino's Math Page
Since smartphones, iPads, etc. are part of the norm, here are a few apps to help enhance your math skills:
Engel’s Enigma, Tower of Hanoi, Master Mind Code Breaker, Set Pro, Cut the Block, Move the Turtle
Slice It!, 3b3b, KenKen, Nine Gaps, Rubik’s Cube
Use the following websites to help you tease your brain! If you find any other exciting websites, please let Mrs. DeFino know!!
1. Math-Play: http://math-play.com
Instructions: All types of games that you can practice many skills in 8th grade math. There is a basketball game, Jeopardy, etc. Have fun!
2. Parking Zone: http://hoodamath.com/games/parkingzone.php
Instructions: Drive each car to it's own parking zone. Click on a car to make it cross the bridge to the empty zone. You cannot move a car that is not connected to the empty zone
3. Frog Puzzle: http://www.hellam.net/maths2000/frogs.html
Instructions: Can you move the frogs to the otherside so that both frogs switch places?
4. Algebraic Reasoning: http://www.mathplayground.com/algebraic_reasoning.html
Instructions: Learn how to think algebraically with these clever weighing scales. Levels 1 and 2 contain two scales. Level 3 is more difficult and has three scales. Your goal is to determine the weight of one or more of the objects.
5. Goat Crossing: http://hoodamath.com/games/goatcrossing.php
7. Bloxorz: http://www.bloonsplayerpack.com/bloxorz.html (all 5 levels are here)
Instructions: Get the rectangle to fall into the square to move onto the next level. Be aware of the falling and dissappearing blocks.
8. Math Playground: http://www.mathplayground.com
Instructions: Math playground is a place to practice all math skills from elementary and middle school math. Lots of games for single or multiplayer fun!!
9. Cool Math 4 Kids: http://www.coolmath4kids.com
Insturctions: This website has many different levels/ages for all sorts of math practice and fun!!
10. World's Hardest Game: http://www.worldshardestgame.org/
Instructions: These games test your quickness and strategy making skills to move your figure to the other side. Good Luck!!