Here are some helpful tips that will keep you on track for completing your degree in Education within 4 years.
Be prepared for field experiences in almost every EDUC course. Do you have a car? If not, become familiar with the public transportation that is available in Bradford with the Area Transportation Authority. Keep in mind that when it comes time for student teaching during your last semester, you will need transportation because at least one placement will be outside of the Bradford area.
You must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA for admission into a certification program and for PA certification.
- Prepare for a basic skills exam (PAPA, CORE, SAT or ACT). Passing the three modules (mathematics, reading and writing) in any of these options is a requirement for admission into a certification program. Effective March 2016, scores can be combined from different testing vendors. If this is done, composite scores cannot be used. (This requirement has been waived until July 8, 2025 by Act 55 of 2022 signed into law by Governor Wolf on July 8, 2022.)
- Obtain three letters of recommendation for your admission application.
- Prepare a career goals statement.
- Have a Tuberculin Test (TB test) administered. The results are good for two years.
- How's your GPA? Remember, it must be at least 2.8 for provisional or 3.0 for full admission.
Pitt-Bradford Academic Programs