Destiny Online Library Catalog Q&A
What is Destiny?
Destiny is our new, Web-based, district-wide library browser. Destiny is the library catalogue produced by Follett, one of the most respected names in School Libraries.
How will Destiny help my child research?
- Destiny is web-based so it can be used from any Internet connected computer.
- Destiny shows books available to you and your child from all 4 schools in the Chestnut Ridge School District.
- Destiny is image-rich. The book cover is pictured in the search list. Selecting the book displays valuable information, such as the copies available in both elementary schools at CRSD, a description of the book, the books reading and interested level, etc. Clicking on the book cover (Title Peek) allows the reader to explore book pages and read reviews.
- Look for "Web Express" once you select a book. There is a link for that connects the reader to pre-selected, teacher approved, grade leveled Web pages that correspond to the subject of the book that the reader selected.
- Destiny makes suggestions of other subjects that are related to the book selected. A direct link takes the reader to a new list of options.
- Destiny allows the user to make a booklist of book selections.
- Destiny creates a bibliography from a booklist with a touch of one button.
Will Destiny let me see my child's library account?
Yes, children will learn how to log onto destiny using their student number. They will be able to check their accounts, make book selections and save lists of books.
You may go to the Destiny site at http://www.crsd-apps or go to the Chestnut Ridge School District Website and click on "Student Resources" and then click on "Library Resources".